This page is a work in progress. Here I will share and try to review Jailbreak apps I use available on Cydia. Check back often for updates. I hope you enjoy and find this information useful. A lot of work went into this section of my Blog.
This is a complete list of tweaks & apps that I use, all of them are found in Cydia. My current firmware is 4.2.1, tethered Jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc8.
Be sure to click on the app name to follow the link for more information.
***Comming soon, Bruce T's own YouTube Channel with app reviews, tweaks and tests!!!!!***
* 3G Unrestrictor--Tricks apps to thing they are on Wifi while on 3G
* Action Menu Plus Pack--Awesome tweak accessed in settingsc, get the voice plugin. Copy and past has never been this productive.
* AdBlocker-blocks ads in safari and some apps, saves on your precious data usage when on 3G
* AndroidLock XT--mimics the swipe to unlock feature, using a pattern.
* Autocorrection SBSettings--Toggles between auto correct on & auto correct off
* BackBoard--Backs up several versions of your Springboard layouts.
* Backgrounder--runs apps in back ground...I still prefer Backgrounder over iOS 4 multitasking
* ChatPic--Fun app that adds your contact photo to your chat messages
* Covert--allows you to turn on private browsing in Mobile Safari, blocking cookies, cache and history.
* CyDelete--allows you to delete Cydia apps from Springboard the same way you can with iTunes apps.
* FaceIt-3GS-4.2.1 (iPhoneIslam)--This tweak allows you to use facetime on your 3GS.
* Fake Operator--Tweak to Fake your carrier name.
* Firewall iP--a great firewall package for your iPhone...I'm still figuring this app out.
* FolderEnhancer--a Must Have, throw the Categories app away. This allows you to create as many folders and have more than 12 app icons in the native iOS 4 folders feature.
* Graviboard-Fun settings app that applies gravity to your springboard icons...
* Gridlock--put your icons anywhere on your springboard without using iBlank.
* Home Page in Safari--exactly what it says...set a homepage in Mobile Safari
* iBlank--great app for themes, puts blank icons on your springboard so you can arrange icons...not needed if using Gridlock
* IBNweather--weather widget for your Springboard
* iFile--A Must Have, easy file navigation right on your iPhone without using SSH.
* Insomnia Toggle--keeps your Wifi alive--useful if you are using your wifi do download in apps, Safari, etc.
* iSHSHit--Another Must Have for the Jailbreaker. Save and store your own SHSH blobs.
* Mobile Terminal (beta) command line terminal, I use this to change my root password after Jailbreaking...
* Multi Web--this one is cool, but a tad bit slow, all your social networking in one app. Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook...
* MultiIconMover--Another must have, move multiple icons at once to organize your Springboard
* MxTube--download your favorite YouTube videos right to your phone.
* PdaNet--free version is good, I paid for the full version...turn your iPhone into a wifi hotspot without tethering fees. One of the best reasons to Jailbreak your iPhone
* PhotoAlbums+--create folders in your native photo app. You can even password a folder to keep unwanted viewers out.
* PkgBackup--The best Cydia backup App available, in my opinion. Saves your apps, sources, plists, settings. I have used this app and it works flawlessly. Save backup on pc or DropBox.
* PrivaCy--blocks know usage collecting on your phone.
* Pull To Refresh for Mail-- the name says it all, pull to refresh your mail. Simple, yet cool tweak
* Pull To Refresh Safari--same as above...pull to refresh Safari
* Recent/CallLog Delete--adds the native feature of deleting individual calls in call log instead of having to delete the entire log.
*Remove Background Apps--close all iOS multitasking apps from SBSettings.
* Reset Safari for SBSettings--deletes cookies, cache, and browsing history from Safari. I use it to clean any garbage left on my phone from browsing.
* Retro Dialer Theme (iOS4 Compat.)--Cool dialer theme, turns your keypad into an old school pay phone.
* Ringer/Silent Toggle for SBSettings--Turns your ringer on and off using SBSettings
*SBrotator for 4.x--Awesome tweak, rotates your Springboard just like an Ipad
*SBSettings--Settings manager with toggles. This is another must have!!
* Scarface SMS--Scarface SMS theme for message app.
*ScrollingBoard Awesome Dock & Scrollling tweak
* StayOpened--Keeps App Store opened while downloading or updating apps so you can keep browsing.
* TwitPic Uploader--no explanation needed..upload pics from your photo library or camera right to Twitter
* Voice ActionMenu Plugin---if you have Action Menu installed, you have to have this. Copy text and this reads it back to you. I use it when I'm too busy to read, high light articles and just listen. Awesome!!
* Weather Elements
* WeatherIcon--puts Weather info in Status Bar.
* Winterboarder--Theme managment app.
* xGPS--Navigation software, FREE turn by turn navigation for your iPhone 3G, 3GS & iPhone 4